Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet
understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving.
It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for
less than perfection and makes allowances for human
Love is content with the present, it hopes for the future, and it does not brood over the past. It’s the day-in and day-out chronicle of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories and working toward common goals.
If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things that are missing. If you don’t have love in your life, no matter what else there is, it’s not enough. -Ann Landers (4-4-97)
"Love is the active concern for the life and growth of that which we love." -Erich Fromm
"Love is always in the mood of believing in miracles." -J.C. Powys
"Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise." -Victor Hugo-
"When one has once fully entered the realm of love, the world -no matter how imperfect- becomes rich and beautiful, it consists solely of opportunities for love." -Soren Kierkegaard-
"Only choose in marriage a woman whom you would choose as a friend if she were a man." -Joseph Joubert-
"Heaven will not be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there." -Andrew Jackson-
"Love can make the summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -from Aspects of Love
You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how. - Gone With the Wind
Love is the most fun you can have without laughing. -Author unidentified
"A soul mate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we're pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we're safe in our own paradise. Our soul mate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person. Our soul mate is the one who makes life come to life." -Leslie Parrish in _The Bridge Across Forever: a Love Story_ by Richard Bach
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. - Shakespeare
Life is just one fool thing after another; love is just two fool things after each other. -Anon
"Love is a great beautifier." -Louisa May Alcott
"The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident." -Sir Hugh Walpoe
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. -Vincent Van Gogh
"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction." ---Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Fear gets in the way of love, and I've discovered that fear, and not hate, is the opposite of love. Think about it: Love and hate are closely bound emotions, but cousins, not enemies. It's fear that kills love. It's fear we feel when love is threatened." - Tim Allen in I'm Not Really Here
"The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart." -Josiah G. Holland
"Love is not a union merely between two creatures- it is a union between two spirits." -Frederick W.Robertson
"There is only one happiness in life, to love and beloved."--George Sands
It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it. --Christian Nestell Bovee--
Additional Love Quotes You Should Always Remember...
- The true measure of love is found not
in words, but in feelings.
- Love isn't love until you give it away.
- Love people not things.
- Today we begin sharing not just love
- Whenever you give a little love, it
comes right back.
- Love is enough.
- When there is great love there are always great miracles.
- Yesterday's hurt...Is today's forgiving, rewoven into tomorrow's
understanding and love.
- The love you give away is the love you keep.
- The best way to light up the world is with a current of love.
- Love is..like a mirror, when you love someone you become his mirror
and he becomes yours.
- The luck in love is like a ball that we run after when it rolls
and then kick away when it's there.
- Loving you is easier than anything I'll ever do again.
- The world is full of beauty when the heart is filled with love.
- If you love somebody, let them know.
- Love never ends.
- When you love someone all your saved-up wishes start coming out. ---Elizabeth
- Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit. ---Kahlil
- Love cannot be wasted.
- They do not love that do not show their love. ---William Shakespeare
- No burden is too heavy when it is carried with love.
- Love is the greatest gift one person can give another.
- Everybody in love is blind. ---Propertius
- Love is forever.
- We are all born for love...it is the principle existence and it's
only end. ---Disraeli-Sybil
- Not loving is but a long dying....
- Love is the only gold. ---Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor its coming
with all my heart. ---Alice Walker
- The heart that can no longer love passionately, must with fury hate. ---Jean
- Once you have learned to love, you will have learned to live.
- Love is never afraid of giving too much.
- So dear I love him that with him all death's I could endure. Without
him, live no life. ---Romeo & Juliet
- The secret of love is seeking variety in your life together, and
never letting routine chords dull the melody of your romance.
- Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small,
it enkindles the great. ---Comte DeBussy-Rabutin
- Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. ---
- You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running
across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're
sure they won't laugh if you trip. --- Jonathan Carroll
- Life is a song---sing it.
Life is a game---play it.
Life is a challenge---meet it.
Life is a dream---realize it.
Life is a sacrifice---offer it.
Life is love---enjoy it. ---Sai Baba
- Love cures people--both the ones who give it and the ones who receive
it. ---Dr. Karl Menninger
- If we discovered that we had only five minutes left to say all that
we wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people
calling other people to stammer that they loved them. ---Christopher
- There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge
is love... ---Thornton Wilder
- Love conquers all. ---Virgil
- If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will
have succeeded. ---Maya Angelou
- Teach only love, for that is what you are!
- To love is to place our happiness in the happiness of another. ---Gottfried
Wilhelm von Leibnitz
- The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost. ---Gilbert
- There is no instinct like that of the heart. ---Lord Byron
- Nothing is less in our power than the heart, and far from commanding
we are forced to obey it. ---Jean Jacques Rousseau
- The heart has reasons that reason does not understand. ---Jacques Benigne Bossuel