I Am A Senior Citizen!
I am a senior citizen and damned proud of it! Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others. BUT, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizens who took:
The melody out of music, The pride out of appearance, The romance out of love, The commitment out of marriage, The responsibility out of parenthood, The togetherness out of the family, The learning out of education, The service out of patriotism, The religion out of school, The Golden Rule from rulers, The nativity scene out of cities, The civility out of behavior, The refinement out of language, The dedication out of employment, The prudence out of spending, or The ambition out of achievement, And we certainly are NOT the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!
Does anyone under the age of 50 know the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner? Just look at those Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in their hearts as they stand at attention with their hand over their hearts!
- I'm A SENIOR CITIZEN and darn proud of it.
- I'm the life of the party...even when it lasts until 8 p.m.
- I'm very good at opening childproof caps with a hammer.
- I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am going.
- 'm good on a trip for at least an hour without my aspirin and antacid.
- I'm the first one to find the bathroom wherever I go.
- I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.
- I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a word you're saying.
- I'm very good at telling stories.....over - - - and over -- - and over.
- I'm aware that other people's grandchildren are not as bright as mine.
- I'm so cared for: long term care, eye care, Medicare, dental care.
- I'm not grouchy, I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds or politicians.
- I'm positive I did housework correctly before my mate retired.
- I'm sure everything I can't find is in a secure place.
- I'm wrinkled, saggy, and lumpy and that's just my left leg.
- I'm having trouble remembering simple words like........
- I'm realizing that aging is not for sissies.
- I'm walking more (to the bathroom) and enjoying it less.
- I'm going to reveal what goes on behind closed doors, absolutely nothing!
- I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days.
- I'm in the initial stage of my golden years: SS, CD's, IRA'S and AARP.
- I'm a walking storeroom of facts.....I've just lost the key to it.
- I'm a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having the time of my life!!!