Cancer Struck October 23, 1997!
Why? Why when all is going well does the boom fall??
Sue was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in October 23th 1997.
Devastating is an understatement!
Were we surprised.... we had smoked over 60 years between us so I guess it wasn't totally a surprise!
- Life Day #18 (10/21/2015) celebrated at Disneyland , the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Life Day #17 (10/21/2014) celebrated at Disneyland , the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Life Day #16 (10/21/2013) celebrated at Disneyland , the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Life Day #15 (10/21/2012) celebrated at Disneyland , the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Life Day #14 (10/21/2011) celebrated at Disneyland , the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Life Day #13 (10/21/2010) celebrated at Disneyland , the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Life Day #12 (10/23/2009) celebrated at Disneyland , the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Life Day #11 (10/23/2008) celebrated at Disneyland , the Happiest Place on Earth!
Life Day #10 (10/23/2007) celebrated at Disneyland!
We continue to be blessed! 2007 annual scan has come and gone and reveal NO CANCER! Ten years! We are indeed blessed!
- 2006 is Life Day #9 (2006) and going strong! We golf every week, dance three times a week, and are going going going! We are retired now so life is even better! Disneyland again, yeah!
- It is now 2005 and Life Day #8 (2005) is here! And we are off to Disneyland as we always do!
- Life Day #7 (2004) has come and gone and all is well! Disneyland again, yeah!
- YES YES YES - Life Day #6 (2003) has come and gone! October 23, 2003 we went to Disneyland and celebrated! But this time in a wheel chair as the spinal column is not functioning properly... so we opted for the
to correct the condition.
- YES YES YES - Life Day #5 has come and gone! October 23, 2002 we went to Disneyland and celebrated!
- Life Day #4 on it's way!!! October 23, 2001. Disneyland again, yeah!
- July 10th, 2001 BIRTHDAY TIME! Yep! Sue is doing well... She has really done the cancer in! We are pleased!
- December 20th, 2000 and ALL IS WELL. Passed the tree year cancer scan with flying colors,. . "no changes, little scarring, looks good" . . . . . She is tough!!!
- January 12, 2000 and we made it QUITE successfully into the 21st Century. As Sue said.." I am one tough Bunnymouse"!!!
- October 22, 1998 is the first anniversary of Sue and Paul finding out about the cancer! We have made it one year.... now it's one at a time!! Disneyland was our place to visit so we bought yearly passes knowing we would be going for many many years.
- January 9th, 1999 and we just got a full scan and the report was "amazingly no change"... "no additional growths"... 'looks very good!!'
- July 3, 1999 and the scan was "all clear!!!!!"
- October 23, 1997 - Cancer found and confirmed by Dr. Mark Janis!
Smoking Is For Suckers!
If YOU are reading this and you smoke.... stop, cease, desist! Don't be stupid! We had been warned, science has told us, common sense dictates putting smoke into our bodies is NOT natural.
The Simonton Center
We have taken drastic steps to change our lives. In January '98 we attended
Dr. Simonton's cancer retreat in Santa Barbara
. Dr. Simonton's cancer retreat evolved from the concept that beliefs, feelings, attitudes and lifestyle are important factors affecting health. The program is a 5-day educational and psychotherapeutic session for cancer patients and their support person, during which these concepts are explored in a safe, supportive atmosphere conducive to learning and a positive change.
Attitude is everything!!!
The program focuses on the influence of beliefs and belief systems. It starts on a Sunday afternoon and end the next Friday at noon. He takes only a maximum of 10 patients at each session along with each persons "support person", who is a spouse, family member or close friend. Living quarters are spartan without TV (no great loss!!), radio or phones. Meals are simple but nutritious. The sessions are intense. It is something very worthwhile for anyone fighting cancer. Attitude is everything!!!
To get a better understanding of the power of meditation and imagery, we suggest reading "Getting Well Again" by O.Carl Simonton, MD. Look at http://www.simontoncenter.com/ on the Internet for additional information!