The Party Continues....
Do you remember how much things cost in 1969?
Yearly Inflation Rate USA 5.46 %
Yearly Inflation Rate UK 5.6%
Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 800
Average Cost of new house $15,550.00
Average Income per year $8,550.00
Average Monthly Rent $135.00
Average Cost New Car $3,270.00
Toyota Corona $1,950.00
Gas per Gallon 35 cents
Alarm Clock from Westclox $9.98
The Famous Jim Fiorito
Jim is now a financial analyst
Do you remember? - Charles "Pete" Conrad and Alan Bean of Apollo 12 land on the Moon to become the second set of American astronauts to walk on the moons surface.
Watching or listening?
Do you remember? - Chappaquiddick Affair Senator Edward Kennedy driving a car plunges into a pond and a body of a woman passenger is found in the car
Beware, the DJ Is Warming Up
Do you remeber?
- First Concorde test flight is conducted In France
- First transplant of human eye
- Seiko sells the first Quartz Watch
- The Harrier Jump Jet enters service with the RAF
- The Palestine Liberation Organization ( PLO ) is founded
- The first automatic teller machine ATM or Cash Machine is installed in the United States
- Creation of ARPANET, the predecessor of the Internet
- The Boeing 747 jumbo jet makes its debut. It carried 191 people, most of them reporters and photographers, from Seattle to New York City.
- UNIX is developed by a group of AT&T employees at Bell Labs
- The Pontiac Firebird Trans Am the epitome of the American muscle car is introduced.
- The Microprocessor ( a miniature set of integrated circuits ) is invented opening the way for the computer revolution that followed
Meanwhile In The Outside Lounge...
Do you remember these movies?
- The Love Bug
- Funny Girl
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- True Grit
- Midnight Cowboy
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Easy Rider
- Where Eagles Dare
Time To Dance... And I Will Not Drop Her This Time
Someone is move
We will get t
The driver has arrived and we are off in a cloud of dust and a "Hi Yo Silver"