1975 vs Now; What A Difference
This is only for those whose level of maturity qualifies them to relate to it...
- 1975: Long hair
Now: Longing for hair
- 1975: KEG
- 1975: Acid rock
Now: Acid reflux
- 975: Moving to California because it's cool
Now: Moving to Arizona because it's warm
- 1975: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
Now: Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
- 1975: Seeds and stems
- 1975: Hoping for a BMW
Now: Hoping for a BM
- 1975: Going to a new, hip joint
Now: Receiving a new hip joint
- 1975: Rolling Stones
Now: Kidney Stones
- 1975: Being called into the principal's office
Now: Calling the principal's office
- 1975: Screw the system
Now: Upgrade the system
- 1975: Disco
- 1975: Parents begging you to get your hair cut
Now: Children begging you to get their heads shaved
- 1975: Passing the drivers' test
005: Passing the vision test
- 1975: Whatever
Yes, There Is More...
Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things.. Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin puts together a list to try to give the faculty a sense of the mindset of this year's incoming freshmen. Here's this year's (Now) list:
- people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1990
- They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
- Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
- Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
- The CD was introduced the year they were born.
- They have always had an answering machine.
- They have always had cable.
- They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
- Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
- Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
- They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
- They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.
- They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
- They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane".
- They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.
- McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
- They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.
- Do you feel old yet? Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list. Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading...