Thoughts And Ponderisms: Aphorisms
“A man is what he thinks about all day long.”
A Short, Pointed Sentence Expressing A Wise Or Clever Observation
- The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.
- Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
- If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
- Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.
- A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.
- How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
- Business conventions are important because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.
- Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?
- Scratch a cat and you will have a permanent job.
- No one has more driving ambition than the boy who wants to buy a car.
- There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.
- There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 AM. It could be a right number.
- No one ever says 'It's only a game.' when their team is winning.
- I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap.
- Be careful reading the fine print. There's no way you're going to like it.
- The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.
- Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos? (And rap music will be the Golden Oldies!)
- Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.
- After 70, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead!
- Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter !