Dinner Is Done And Dancing Begins (Page Three)
(March 17th 2017) Last Updated: 09/11/2019 10:38:AM
Lucky had many Irish one-liners!
- What do you call an Irishman who has been dead for 50yrs…Peat
- Cheers…And may ye be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows yer dead
- Did you know says Murphy, there's twice as many eyebrows in the world as there are people
- Did you hear about the Irishman that tried to blow up a car? He burnt his mouth on the exhaust pipe
- Two Irishmen stopped by the police for jaywalking, "Name?" said the sergeant to one " O'Connor" says the first one. "Address?" says the sergeant. "No fixed abode" says O'Connor. "And you" said the sergeant, looking at the other. "O'Brien, and I live in the flat above him".
- Did you hear Ireland's solved their unemployment problem? You don't leave school till you are 65
- Paddy was looking through The Bible in his hotel room when a leaflet fell from between the pages. It said "if you have a drink problem ring this number". Paddy did, and he got an Off -licence in Royal Avenue.
- Mick, said the barmaid," What's those two bulges in the front of your trousers"? "Ah" said Mick "they are hand grenades, for the next time that bum bandit O'Shaunessey tries to put his hands down there I'll blow the bloody hands off him"
- Man half Irish and half Scottish wants a pint, but cant bring himself about to pay for it
- Hey, says O'Toole to the landlord, I didn't get my change outta that machine!!…And they say change is inevitable replies the landlord…eh!! replies O'Toole, am I gettin ma change or not!!
- What do ya call a leprechaun covered in cement? A wee hard man
Resting the camera
Happy birthday Walter!
Happy birthday Ghislaine
Happy Anniversary Paul & Sue
Happy Anniversary Charlie & Sandy
They said "49 years.... Hard to believe they look so young!"
How considerate... Mike had backup lights!
Marion is getting ready to dance!
"Where is the green, guys?"
Mike and Bridgette are deciding which dance to do next!
Slowly they are out numbered
Beware of the leprechaun in the back row
Love the line dancers!
Watching the world go by! Discussing Irish names....
The floor was busy all night!
Moving fast to the Irish music
Whirling and turning
"Yes indeed... I have a green shirt!"
Serious teasing underway
The music was wonderful... When they played you just had to dance!
He has green on....
She has green on... Darn! No pinching allowed!
Did You Know? - Green is one of the colors in Ireland's flag and the country is known as the "Emerald Isle." Also, green is the color of the shamrock. According to Christian Science Monitor, the first color associated with St. Patrick's Day was blue, but it changed to green in the 17th century.
And why do you get pinched if you aren't wearing green?
The tradition was reportedly started by Americans likely in the early 1700s. Revelers apparently thought that if you wore green you would be invisible to leprechauns, which would pinch anyone not wearing green. People started pinching those without green on him as a reminder about the leprechauns.
A penny for her thought.... No, how about $10.00... Very likely worth it!
Hanging out at the bar....
Bob learns a Greek Irish dance...
It's called "Hang On!"
Watch out... Here we come
A true Irishman... Kneeling at the bar
What? Not on the dance floor?
The music keeps coming
The sea of green keeps moving right along!
The O'Gills show us how it is done!
The centerpieces are going night-night!
Around and around we go! Where we stop, nobody knows!
Irene and Al take to the floor
Love that hat
Irish style means you drink a beer before and after the dance!
"Hurry up Mike!"
... but who is counting?
Hanging in there!
"Whoa... Did someone say beer?"
The dance floor is thinning out... Must be about 10:00 PM
...and the band played on....
Did You Know? - According to legend, how can you obtain the leprechaun's pot of gold?
By capturing him and not taking your eyes off him until you get your gold. This may be the origin of the leprechaun's trickery. Fairy law requires the leprechaun to be honest with you if captured, but only for as long as you look him in the eye. It does not forbid tricks, only lying, but as soon as you look away the leprechaun can vanish, lie to you, or anything else he can dream up.
Quotation To Remember:
What is Irish diplomacy?
It's the ability to tell a man to go to hell,
So that he will look forward to making the trip.