Old & Young Alike Celebrate July 4th
It's that time of year.... Time to remember how fortunate we are to live in our country. It is also time to put the progressives back in the box and move toward conservative family values.
So what are we doing?
Golf on Friday following by dancing on Friday evening and Saturday!
Church on Sunday! We went early to join the congregation in singing patriotic songs.
Dancing on Sunday.... Newport Harbor anda Happy Hour visit to Old Ranch
Golf on Tuesday followef by fireworks show at McKennas On The Bay on Tuesday!
We have a full week planned to celebrate our love for this greatest country on Earth.
Street Corney Symphony was excellent most of the night... The laughing and giggling continued all night!
We went to church and went a bit early to participate the the patriotic singalong.
Did You Know? - "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" is a hymn by American writer Julia Ward Howe using the music from the song "John Brown's Body". Howe's more famous lyrics were written in November 1861 and first published in The Atlantic Monthly in February 1862. The song links the judgment of the wicked at the end of time (New Testament) with the American Civil War. Since that time it has become an extremely popular and well-known American patriotic song.
- Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord:
- He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
- He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
- His truth is marching on.
- I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps,
- They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
- I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
- His day is marching on.
- I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
- "As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal;
- Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
- Since God is marching on."
- He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
- He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat:
- Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet!
- Our God is marching on.
- In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
- With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
- As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
- While God is marching on.
- He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
- He is Wisdom to the mighty, He is Succour to the brave,
- So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of Time His slave,
- Our God is marching on.
Sunday Afternoon; The Elks Do It Right
Newport Harbor does it right!!
Monday Was Temecula Time
Tuesday Was Golf And McKennas On The Bay For Pre-4th Fireworks
Time for fun! Diing, dancing, cavorting, laughing, giggling... Life is good
We are glad that life is currently is color and NOT black and white
July Fourth! It's Old Ranch Time!