Brian Turns Seventy-Four Years Young At The Phoenix Club 4/13/2017
We are here to celebrate Brian's 74th year on this planet. Born in the heat of the battle! The Phoenix Club Ballroom was full with many of his friends from the USA in attendance! Join the fun!
With birthdays come cards!
Does he dare share? We know some of the people who brought cards.
"Hans! What did that card say?"
"I hope he likes the card!"
Brian can be very entertaining!
Sandy and Bob are enjoying Brian's efforts
"We are so bad!"
Did You Know? - The month Brian was born:
- Allies continue to squeeze the Germans into the corner of Tunisia.
- The only large-scale escape of Allied prisoners-of-war from the Japanese in the Pacific takes place when ten American POWs and two Filipino convicts break out of the Davao Penal Colony on the island of Mindanao in the southern Philippines. The escaped POWs were the first to break the news of the infamous Bataan Death March and other atrocities committed by the Japanese to the world.
- itler and Mussolini come together at Salzburg, mostly for the purpose of propping up Mussolini's fading morale. Bolivia declares war on Germany, Japan, and Italy.
- Radio Berlin announces the discovery by Wehrmacht of mass graves of Poles purportedly killed by Soviets in the Katyn massacre.
- 15: Finland officially rejects Soviet terms for peace. Heavy RAF raid on Stuttgart.
- 17: Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, chief architect of Japanese naval strategy, is killed when his plane is shot down by American P38's over Bougainville. He was on an inspection tour.
- 18: The "Palm Sunday massacre": large numbers of German troop-transport aircraft are shot down before reaching Tunisia, where they were to pick up the isolated German troops.
- 19-30: The Bermuda Conference takes place in Hamilton, Bermuda. U.K. and U.S. leaders discuss the plight of the European Jews.
- 20: The Warsaw Ghetto uprising: On the Eve of Passover, Jews resist German attempts to deport the Jewish community.
- 19: In occupied Belgium, partisans attack the a railway convoy transporting Belgian Jews to Auschwitz. It is the largest attack on a Holocaust train of the war and 236 Jews escape.
- 28: Allies attempt to close the mid-Atlantic gap in the war against the U-boats with long-range bombers.
Three pictures - They change every five seconds
Brian is enjoying this!
The ladies sing Brian one more chorus....
Donna is coming over to visit!
Would you buy a used car from these two dudes?
Donna breaks the news!
Jan is in shock!
Jan feels better now once she found that Bob, Hans, and Paul
are about the same age as Brian!
Voila! The German Chocolate Black Forrest Cake..... Substitute!
White cake and chocolate cake!
Jan double checks everything!
Decisions decisions... White or chocolate?
Just a few calories
"I better get back to the table before it is all gone"
Serious discussions underway
"Where is my cake"
Like that shirt Ed!
Conrad and Nita take to the floor
Nancy and Vince kick up the dust!
The table was full this evening!
"We'll drink to that... Heck, we'll drink to anything!"
Vicky makes the rounds!
"What's all the noise out here?"
The band was excellent tonight!
Our birthday boy!