June 19th 2016 And We Were There
Mary and Fred invited us to their home for a bar-b-que on a nice (and hot) Saturday afternoon! Please enjoy the bar-b-que with special friends!
Jan was there and she made some jalapeno surprises
(Fred told everyone they were horrible so he could eat them all)
"Time to start the BBQ!"
The fire is about ready!
Checking the heat level and getting a little visitor
"Just teasing... Everything is under control!"
Mary captures the moment!
She needs to get a picture of Fred before his hair is singed!
Fred changed into his BBQ costume
It smelled so very good!
"Get ready... Here they come!"
Fred is an expert at "Well Done"
Mary captures the essence of the moment
His eye is on the plate!
Just inches away!
"Do you want to know how I bar-b-que when in the field?"
Yes... Beer is essential for field bar-b-ques!
Chocolate dipped strawberries! Nummy Nummy!
Did You Know?
• Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
• The average strawberry has 200 seeds
• Strawberries are low fat, low calorie; high in vitamin C, fiber, folic acid, potassium
• Strawberries, as part of a 5 a day fruit & vegetable program, can help reduce the risk of cancer & heart attacks
• Americans eat 3.4 pounds of fresh strawberries each year plus another 1.8 pounds frozen per capita
• Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring
• There is a museum in Belgium just for strawberries
• Strawberries are a member of the rose family
• In medieval times, strawberries were served at important functions to bring peace & prosperity.
• Folk lore states that if you split a double strawberry in half and share it with the opposite sex, you'll soon fall in love
Slurp... Chomp... Nibble...
Sue has a front row seat!
"No Sweetie, I did not dip the strawberries in the chocolate!"
Paul gets caught!
"They are so pretty!"
"Hey Mary... Do we have any bacon bits"
No Fred, Tell me it ain't so!
Strawberries dipped in chocolate with bacon bites...
They look so good!
"It adds character to the strawberries and chocolate"
Jim seems to be enjoying the dining experience
"OK... Just one more!"
David looks worried...
Diane is taking it all in!
Only Diane can tear Fred away from his "Strawberries Alfredo"
"OK... I will try it..."
It was really good
Sue tells a story...
We are inside where it is cool
Capture the evidence!
"OK... I will also try it!"
"Please do NOT tell anyone that I tried "Strawberries Alfredo"
"Should I try it... After all, they are vegetarian bacon bits!"
The Bar-B-Que bonnet looks good!