After The Old Ranch Children's Christmas... We Continue Celebrating
The Christmas Carol At South Coast Repertory
Relax before the play with a glass of champagne
We found out no pictures allowed.... So....
We took one outside the theater
Did You Know? - A Christmas Carol is a novella by English author Charles Dickens, first published by Chapman & Hall on 19 December 1843. The story tells of sour and stingy Ebenezer Scrooge's ideological, ethical, and emotional transformation resulting from supernatural visits from Jacob Marley and the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come. The novella met with instant success and critical acclaim.
The book was written and published in early Victorian era Britain, a period when there was both strong nostalgia for old Christmas traditions and an initiation of new practices such as Christmas trees and greeting cards. Dickens's sources for the tale appear to be many and varied but are principally the humiliating experiences of his childhood, his sympathy for the poor, and various Christmas stories and fairy tales.
The tale has been viewed by critics as an indictment of 19th-century industrial capitalism. It has been credited with restoring the holiday to one of merriment and festivity in Britain and America after a period of sobriety and sombreness. A Christmas Carol remains popular, has never been out of print, and has been adapted to film, stage, opera, and other media multiple times.It was originally going to be a pamphlet on poverty. 2 weeks later a Christmas Carol was born. It's the 2nd most printed book besides the bible.
Zoom Back To Old Ranch For A Dinner Dance
OMG... It's quiet
Herb and Pete deep in conversation
David is bring the necessary ingredients
Donna and Bob are about to burst out in dance
Vicky explains to Greg what he said in Spanish.....
Brian about fell over....
OK... What did Paul say to Marcia????
Herb and Irene
Quotation To Remember: To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle,
Every cubic inch of space is a miracle.
~Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
"Herb and I are wearing the same color red!"
Nancy just got an iPhone 4S ... She is in trouble because Vince is going to help
"What ever shall I do? Steak, the only answer!"
Watching our family and friends brings much Christmas joy to us!"
We sure enjoy Grandson Jon and Sarah coming to visit!
Dancing Is About To Take Place.... Herbie Has Lead
Lisa and Herb head for the floor
"Ha ha... I escaped Herb!"
The floor is busy
"It's OK Lisa... He is not wearing his steel-toed boots this evening!"
"Look out... Here we come!"
"Hang on Paul.... Here we go!"
"See Lisa.... I knew you could teach me this step"
"Hey... Sarah... Your turn to we whirrled around the floor like a rag doll"
"Swap you my shirt for those fancy new shoes?"
Meanwhile Back At The Tables The Crowd Gets Wild
Now we know what they mean by "Don't Ask... Don't Tell"
Polka time at the ranch
"Where is everybody else?"
Applause for the GREAT music
Santa has been busy our on the patio
Secret Plans Are Being Formulated About Dancing
"What is she saying??"
"Why won't you dance with me???"
"OK big boy... Take the lead!"
Quotation To Remember: I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. ~Charles Dickens
We are all out moving...
Leon shows us his secret move
Quotation To Remember: May the lights of Hanukkah usher in a better world for all humankind
Cute couple..... Don't tell Lisa and Bob!
"Dang Pete.... You know some cool steps"
Quotation To Remember: Say what you want about aging, it's still the only way to have old friends. ~Robert Brault
"Dang... That boy looks pretty good"
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, where is it?
7. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8. Some days, you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
9. I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few.
10. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
12. It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
13. The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.
14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.
15. When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone want to play chess?
16. Its not hard to meet expenses . . . they're everywhere.
17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter . . .I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm hereafter
19. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
Dancing and visiting... It's what we do
Blow that horn
Robin is up and dancing with Herb
"So Herb... Did you get that new step??"
"Yes... I am being easy on him!"
Herb gets so confused
I plan to learn how to dance...
Quotation To Remember: What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. ~Aristotle
OMG... She put down the iPhone
Jeff busy with the clean up
Blow those cool notes
"What's the latest?"
Quotation To Remember: Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces. ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Greg watches carefully
Time to leave
Quotation To Remember: I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. ~Plutarch
Greg leads the dance... We think?