Golf Started The Day 12/21/2011
We first went to lunch with Herbie and we had so much fun that the camera never came out of the pocket! We dined, played nine holes, and then headed for the 19th hole. Herbie was having so much fun he decided to fall OUT of a sand trap on the 9th hole and roll around on the grass. After hitting the clubhouse, he met up with John Shulte and didn't make it home until about 7:00... We know, we called to see how he was doing... a Monica report!
We Cleaned Up And Headed For Seasons 52 At South Coast Plaza...
It was an early (today was the 22nd) celebration of Vicky's Birthday
If cold December gave you birth,
The month of snow and ice and mirth,
Place on your hand a turquoise blue;
Success will bless whate'er you do.
A Capricorn born on December 24 is a quixotic, changeable individual that is as much an enigma to themselves as to everyone else. They have magnetism and the potential to lead but are often confused about priorities and can end up following someone less talented than themselves. They don't give way to the usual Capricornian obsession to follow the status quo.
Do You Remember Vicky's Birthday Tis Year
1968 – Apollo Program : The crew of Apollo 8 enters into orbit around the Moon , becoming the first humans to do so. They performed 10 lunar orbits and broadcast live TV pictures that became the famous Christmas Eve Broadcast , one of the most watched programs in history.
On With The Celebration (Which Vicky And Del Started Early Arriving At 2:00 PM)
We were shocked as Del and Vicky were "wine tasting".... or was it "wine guzzling"
Vicky was about to order a boggle of champagne to taste
After Del's 7th glass things turned serious
Del began to quote from W.C. Fields in a rather loud and impressive voice
It was frightening for the children and young waitresses
Notice how Vicky CLUTCHES the wine glass so as not to spill a single drop....
Del provides his assessment of this wine...."Finer than a dental-floss bikini."
Vicky decided to move a bit so more wine would fit
Del whispers..."Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself."
Sipping dry rice wine without burning your nose does take talent
Vicky had a great point here
After his third bottle Del proposes a question.....
"Have you ever wondered, if boisterous bovines make Christmas cowpies, do happy holiday hoofed herbivores with red-hued noses make reindeer road apples?
Chateau Dry Rice Monsewer Kuhn???
Off To The Play
We await our car and Ed's heater was available for the wait
A brisk night it was
Did You Know? - White Christmas is a 1954 Technicolor musical film starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye that features the songs of Irving Berlin, including the titular "White Christmas". The film was directed by Michael Curtiz and co-stars Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen. The film is notable as being the first to be produced and released in VistaVision, a wide-screen process that entailed using twice the surface area of standard 35mm film. This large-area negative was used to yield finer-grained standard-sized 35 mm film prints.
We asked Vicky what she wanted to drink at the intermission
All songs were written by Irving Berlin .
- " White Christmas " (Crosby)
- "It's Cold Outside" (Crosby)
- "The Old Man" (Crosby, Kaye, and Men's Chorus)
- Medley: " Heat Wave "/"Let Me Sing and I'm Happy"/" Blue Skies " (Crosby & Kaye)
- " Sisters " (Clooney)
- "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing" (Kaye [& Vera-Ellen])
- "Sisters (reprise)" (Clooney)
- "Snow" (Crosby, Kaye, Clooney & Stevens)
- Minstrel Number: "I'd Rather See a Minstrel Show"/"Mister Bones"/"Mandy" (Crosby, Kaye, Clooney,& Chorus)
- " Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep " (Crosby & Clooney)
- "Choreography" (Kaye)
- "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing (reprise)" (Kaye & Chorus)
- "Abraham" (instrumental)
- "Love, You Didn't Do Right By Me" (Clooney)
- "What Can You Do with a General?" (Crosby)
- "The Old Man (reprise)" (Crosby & Men's Chorus)
- "Gee, I Wish I Was Back in the Army" (Crosby, Kaye, Clooney & Stevens)
- "White Christmas (finale)" (Crosby, Kaye, Clooney, Stevens & Chorus)
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow